Gym Party




















I went to the Underground Cinema screening the other night - my sister is involved with the group, and she was performing there. The theme was '1980's prom night', and they had hired a large gymnasium for the event. I was on my own, so I kind of felt like the guy who turns up to the school dance without a date...
but that was OK, it permitted me useful intropsective time to soak in the rather David Lynch-esque surroundings. With all the lights, streamers and balloons, the place had a really creepy feel to it. The film they showed was Footloose, which I'd never seen before. Sinister undertones there, too [the whole 'midwest American country town brainwashed by over-zealous spiritual leader' thing...], but perhaps not as much as Blue Velvet, say.
Have a look at their website : http://www.undergroundcinema.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment